Often moderate to severe.
Table of Content
- A stroke is caused by disruption to the blood supply to the brain due to a blood clot or burst blood vessel.
- Symptoms of a stroke can vary depending on what part of the brain is affected.
- Other conditions can make your dog more likely to have a stroke, including diabetes, Cushing’s disease, kidney disease, and heart disease.
- Quick treatment is vital.
- Although most dogs recover from a stroke, recovery time can be variable, and symptoms can persist.
Symptoms and types:
Understanding the diagnostics
Learning about the causes
Best treatment options
Home remedies and their effectiveness
When to see a vet
Dr. Hannah Godfrey MRCVS graduated from the Royal Veterinary College in 2011. Although she initially worked in mixed practice treating all species, she found a love for small animal work and has worked exclusively with dogs and cats since 2014. She lives in Wales with her partner, son, and two cats (named Poppy and Ashton Kutcher), and writes comedy fiction in her spare time.